Red Suite 4:
Software Development toolkit for ARM®-based 32-bit Microcontrollers
New release includes support for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X hostsRed Suite is a fully featured software development environment for ARM- based Microcontrollers, and includes all the tools necessary to develop high quality embedded software applications in a timely and cost effective fashion.
The Red Suite IDE is based on the highly popular Eclipse platform and features many ease-of-use and Microcontroller specific enhancements. Red Suite includes the industry standard GNU tools enabling professional quality tools at low cost. The fully featured debugger supports both SWD and JTAG debugging, and features direct download to on-chip flash.
Red Suite 4 is a significant upgrade over previous releases and includes support for Cortex-M4 based processors, new compilers and libraries which further reducing target code size and is now also available on Linux and Mac OS X hosts. This release supports a wide range for MCUs from Freescale, NXP, Silicon Labs, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments.
Also new in this release is the Red State state machine designer and generator.
FeaturesThe Red Suite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) provides a C/C++ programming environment second to none, with syntax-coloring, source formatting, function folding, online and offline integrated help, extensive project management automation and integrated source repository support (CVS integrated or Subversion via download).
- User extensible Wizards for creating embedded applications complete with startup code and linker scripts correctly configured for target MCU.
- Choice of C libraries:
- Redlib, our small footprint embedded C library
- Newlib, industry standard fully featured C library
- Memory configuration editor which allows for layout of external Flash or internal RAM to be defined and modified.
- Loadable flash drivers allows 3rd party external Flash to be supported. When combined with the Memory configuration editor, linker scripts are generated to automatically make use of the external memories.
- Comprehensive debugger provide easy way to access target resources, including built-in flash programming, C-statement or instruction level stepping, display of all target registers and complete access to all on-chip peripherals including registers and bitfield displays
- Support for the powerful tracing facilities of the Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 processors, including
- Profile tracing
- Interrupt trace and display
- Datawatch trace
- Built-in datasheet browser
- No assembler required with Cortex-M based devices, even for start-up code and interrupt handlers.
Peripheral and Register ViewsThe peripheral viewer provides complete visibility of all registers and bit-fields in all target peripherals in a simple tree-structured display.
A powerful processor-register viewer is provided that gives access to all processors register and provides smart formatting for complex registers such as flags and status registers.
Red TraceWhen used with Red Probe+ on Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 based Microcontrollers, the integrated Red Trace functionality gives the developer an unprecedented level of visibility into what is really happening on the target device. Unlike traditional trace solutions, Red Trace gathers trace data non-intrusively while the target application continues to run at full speed.
Red State is a graphical tool for designing state machines and automatically generating the code required to implement the state machine. It supports both software state machines and the NXP State Configurable Timer (SCT) peripheral.
Summary of Red Suite 4 features
- Sophisticated Eclipse-based IDE with many ease-of-use enhancements
- Regularly updated device-specific support for hundreds of microcontrollers from Freescale® Kinetis, NXP® LPC, Silicon Labs® Precision32, STMicroelectronics® STM32 and Texas Instruments® Stellaris families
- Red Trace capabilities giving unprecedented visibility into microcontroller execution.
- Red State state machine designer and code generator
- User-extensible Wizards to create target-specific embedded applications
- Structured display of on-chip peripherals for all supported microcontrollers.
- Full support SWD and JTAG debugging via Red Probe+, NXP LPC-Link and TI ICDI
- Support for external Flash and RAM devices
- Multiple devices on a JTAG scan-chain supported with Red Probe+
- Enhanced Redlib C library provides significant code and data size savings.
- Managed linker scripts to reduce the complexity and improve maintenance of embedded applications across a range of devices
- Support for CMSIS v2.0 (Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard).
- No-fuss, single install for complete product, including 1-year of email-based support
- Fully functional evaluation version available.
- Available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Generous multi-seat discounts
- Device-specific support for hundreds of microcontrollers from
Freescale, NXP, Silicon Labs, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments, with other microcontroller families planned, including the following families:
- NXP LPC1100
- NXP LPC1200
- NXP LPC1300
- NXP LPC1700
- NXP LPC1800
- Silicon Labs Precision32
- STMicroelectronics STM32
- Texas Instruments Stellaris LM3S
- Freescale Kinetis K
- NXP LPC4000
- STMicroelectronics STM32F4
- Texas Instruments Stellaris LM4F
- NXP LPC2000
- NXP LPC2900
- NXP LPC3100
- NXP LPC3200
Download the Red Suite family Data Sheet (PDF).
Request Red Suite 4 evalution download.
Information on Upgrading to Red Suite 4
Purchase Code Red Products
© 2012 Code Red Technologies. All brand names or product names are the property of their respective holders. Neither the whole nor any part of the information contained in, or the product described in this document may be adapted or reproduced in any material form except with the prior written permission of the copyright holder. The product described in this document is subject to continuous improvement and development. This document is intended only to provide information to the reader about the product.